Open Source Firmware Conference - Participate now!
EXTENDED! Submit until July 15th 2022
The OSFC is the first conference which focuses on all open-source firmware projects.
Our goal is to bring together as many open-source firmware projects, hardware manufacturers and developers as possible to collaborate and share their knowledge and push the firmware development in an open-source manner.
The conference will take place for the fifth time in 2022 and will be an in-person event this year again.
To make it a successful conference, we depend on your interesting contributions. Below you can find a list of topics, but if you have further ideas, just feel free to submit your proposal.
List of Topics
- Free and open-source firmware.
- Free and open-source hardware from embedded device to server system.
- State-of-the-art security in firmware.
- Firmware and hardware reverse engineering.
- Current hardware / firmware security issues.
- Advances in open hard- and firmware on the market.
- Bootloader and Hypervisor integration with firmware components.
- Firmware testing and tooling.
There are two types of submissions : Talks and Lightning Talks. Please provide a meaningful abstract of at least 150 words. You can upload further resources like papers or slides afterwards. These can be updated until deadline and after acceptance.
- Talks will be scheduled on day 1 and 2 of the conference.
- Talks last 30 minutes followed by 15 min Q'n'A.
- If you need more time, your talk can be extended to max. 45 minutes
- Submit a meaningful abstract describing your topic.
- You are free to choose the presentation tool, but you need to bring your own device (e.g. notebook) with HDMI port for presentation.
- Lightning Talks will be scheduled on day 3 during the hackathon.
- Lightning Talks should last 10 - 20 minutes followed by optional discussion round.
- Lightning Talks can be used to:
- Project Updates
- Project Ideas
- Problem Talks
- Product & Tooling
- Provide a descriptive abstract
Submissions Due: EXTENDED: July 15th 2022.
Notification of Acceptance: After review, the latest July 22th 2022.
Conference: September 19th to 21st in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Speakers of accepted submissions get a ticket refund. (Maximum one ticket refunds per submission)
The conference is hosted by 9elements Cyber Security at https://osfc.io
The event takes place at Quality Hotel The Weaver, Göteborgsvägen 91, 431 37, Mölndal, Sweden
There is a discount on room booking available. In special cases, a scholarship can be provided by the organizers.
Talks will be recorded and published afterwards. If a recording is not desired by a speaker, this can be marked during the submission process.
The OSFC 2022 recordings and slides will be made available online afterwards. Talks will eventually be streamed during the event.
Code of Conduct
email to: email@example.com
phone to: +49 (0) 234 689 41 88
Please note, all times and dates in this system are CEST - Central European Summer Time (UTC+2)