10-11, 15:45–16:15 (US/Pacific), Main Track
Bytedance's practice about automactic coredump analysis, including
* ipks collection in CI;
* Coredump collections;
* debug_dump tool introduction;
* Integration of alarms and analysis.
Coredumps occurs in BMC and the best tool to debug such coredump is gdb. There are existing
bbdebg tools that make it easy to debug a coredump.
In this talk, we (Bytedance) will introduce the practice of how to debug a coredump that occurred in online production servers (mostly) automatically.
This talk involves the detailed steps of:
* The CI job configuration to collect the necessary files to debug coredump;
* The changes in BMC to send coredumps to remote server;
* The remote server configuration to handle coredump files and events;
* The integration of alarms for coredump events;
* The automatic analysis based on the debug_dump tool;
* The introduction of the new debug_dump tool to preapre the gdb environment with one-line command;
* The one-click WebUI to make the above steps automatically.
Significantly, the debug_dump is a Python tool based on the existing
ipkdbg tool to analyze the coredump, and it will be submitted to the OpenBMC community.
Firmware engineer at ByteDance.
Open Source Enthusiast